Save Your Style by Creating A Capsule Wardrobe
In a fashion world filled with ever-changing trends and cluttered wardrobes, the concept of creating capsule wardrobes has become quite popular. A capsule wardrobe is a carefully chosen assortment of essential pieces that can be combined and matched to create a variety of different looks. The main motivation behind creating a capsule wardrobe is to reduce decision fatigue and prioritize quality over quantity. By creating your unique capsule wardrobe, you can simplify your style while making the most out of your wardrobe. Having a capsule wardrobe will help you get rid of clutter, reduce your stress, and effortlessly create the best outfits! If you have no idea about how to create an effective capsule wardrobe, then get ready to embark on a journey toward your unique capsule wardrobe through our guide!
Why You Should Create A Capsule Wardrobe?
Having a capsule wardrobe provides ease in many aspects of your life since it consists of a variety of outfit-mixing pieces that can be used for various occasions.
One of these conveniences is saving time and money which we all wish could happen! With a capsule wardrobe, you don’t have to spend hours deciding what to wear since you will have versatile items that you can combine with anything in your closet. Also, with the items you love and that are enough for all the occasions you might attend, you probably won’t need to shop for new clothes every season. As you will invest in quality items that last longer and define your style, you won’t need that many new clothes.
Apart from saving you time and money, creating a capsule wardrobe will reduce clutter and stress in your life. With your capsule wardrobe ready, you won’t have to worry about overflowing closets full of clothes that you never wear. Getting rid of the items you don’t need will clear up space and time in your life, making it easier for you to get ready whenever you have a plan.
Also, with the items you love and wear the most, you won’t have to worry about keeping up with the trends. You will be able to express yourself through the clothes you like and wear the most and create the most unique style! If you want to make changes, you can always experiment with your clothes using different accessories!
How to Build A Capsule Wardrobe
Building a capsule wardrobe could effectively alter your life and make getting ready a lot easier for you. By creating the perfect capsule wardrobe, you can bring together fashion and functionality to your style! Let’s walk through the steps and basics of creating a capsule wardrobe together, ensuring that you have a wide range of clothing options that fit your lifestyle and make your life easier!
Think about your lifestyle.
Before getting into separating and eliminating your clothes, consider your daily routine and lifestyle. Think about the various roles you play and the various personalities you have. Consider your job, your routines, and the activities you do the most throughout the day. The most effective way to create the perfect capsule wardrobe is to make it fit your particular lifestyle needs.
Categorize your existing wardrobe.
Once you have a firm grasp of your lifestyle needs, it’s time to classify your outfits and the clothing items you need the most. Based on the pieces you frequently wear, organize your closet into different categories. These categories could be active-wear, casual wear, workwear, or classy outfits. You might find missing items that you definitely need which will be helpful for the next steps since you will know what to get rid of and what to buy.
Giving up extra items that are no longer useful is a necessary step in creating a capsule wardrobe. For this step, you will have to be honest with yourself. Spend some time organizing your closet and being upfront with yourself about what you really need and frequently use. You could donate or sell the clothes you no longer need. While deciding what you don’t need, you can think about the last time you have worn them or if they fit your lifestyle or outfits. Remember that this decluttering process will create room for the items you actually need.
Choose your essential pieces.
Now that you’ve decluttered your closet, it’s time to choose the ideal items for your capsule wardrobe. Be careful to choose items that can be worn in a variety of outfits and can be paired with many different items. Selecting timeless pieces and safe colors that work well for all seasons and occasions will provide convenience for you in the long run. For the sake of saving time and money, you should pay attention to quality rather than quantity.
Complete the needs with versatile items.
Although a capsule wardrobe aims to be simple, it's important to be flexible and adaptive. If you feel that some items are missing or there are some occasions where your existing wardrobe falls short, carefully consider what flexible pieces can enhance your capsule wardrobe. If you’ll add items to your wardrobe, remember that your goal is to minimize the clutter and create your unique style so spend your money on items that are versatile and high-quality.
Summer Capsule Wardrobe Essentials
If you want to create a versatile, stylish, and useful wardrobe, then you need to think for all seasons. In the beginning, you need to consider your wardrobe separately for summer and winter. For your summer capsule wardrobe, there are some essential items that you might need to have:
- For your summer capsule wardrobe, having one or two everyday dresses could bring convenience to your life. These simple items can be accessorized with various shoes, jackets, and shirts if you like! Pick dresses -or skirts- that fit your style and flatter your body type. Depending on your style, you can choose different patterns like floral dresses or solid-colored basic dresses.
- Basic pieces will be the foundation of your capsule wardrobe. These basic pieces such as t-shirts, leggings, or sweatpants are usually comfortable and practical pieces for everyday wear. Take advantage of these basic pieces by stocking up on neutral and safe colors for your style like white, black, grey, navy, or nude as well as some pops of color for variety. However, while adding these pops of color, refrain from owning too many pieces.
- Different styles of trousers and jeans are probably going to be the pieces you will need the most. You have to be careful about the fit of the trousers and consider your body type. The trousers and jeans you pick should also have timeless designs which will make them last longer for your style.
- Depending on your choice of style, you can add one or two shirts for different occasions. These shirts can be either formal or casual. You can choose silk shirts, satin shirts, or linen shirts with different details to match your style. Whatever style you choose, shirts are one of the items that you will need in your capsule wardrobe.
- Even if it’s summer, you might need different styles of jackets in your capsule wardrobe. Whether it’s for adding texture and some fun to your outfit or it’s for extra warmth, jackets are must-haves for every wardrobe. You can choose a blazer jacket if you prefer more sleek outfits or a kimono if you have a more bohemian style.
- If you prefer a more modest look in your outfits, then tunics are one of the staples of your summer capsule wardrobe. Tunics can be worn over leggings, jeans, or long skirts and they are perfect for adding some flow to your outfit. There are many different designs of tunics that you can choose from depending on your unique style.
Winter Capsule Wardrobe Essentials
Even though we might need extra layering in winter, it doesn’t mean that we need extra pieces in our wardrobe. All you need is to decide on the ideal pieces that will get you through the winter in warmth and style! Here are some essential items that you might need for your winter capsule wardrobe:
- Obviously, you will need a coat for winter but you will need to be careful while choosing your coat(s) for the winter. You must note that you shouldn’t have more than three coats. One for special occasions (this can be a classic wool coat), and two for everyday wear. These can be a puffer jacket, a cozy coat, or anything that you think you will wear throughout the winter. The important thing you should consider is the color of your coat. You should think about your whole wardrobe and pick a color that will match your wardrobe
- Winter can’t be winter without cozy sweaters. However, just like t-shirts in your winter capsule wardrobe, you shouldn’t get lost in the variety of sweaters, just stick to the safe ones! Since you can layer your sweaters over shirts, t-shirts, or even dresses, you won’t need that many sweaters. Pick the ones that you feel comfortable with the most and consider the overall color palette of your closet. If you can’t be sure about the colors, safe colors like gray, beige, navy, or burgundy can be easily combined with other colors.
- For your casual days and sportive activities, you should make room for hoodies, leggings, and sweatpants in your winter capsule wardrobe. For lazy and casual days, a hoodie is a great option with jeans, leggings, or sweatpants since it is a warm and comfortable choice. Leggings and sweatpants are also both cozy and adaptable clothing items that go well with a variety of outfits. The color of your hoodies, sweatpants, and leggings is again important since they should be easily adaptable to the rest of your closet.
- Jeans and trousers are both necessary garments that go well with a variety of outfits and footwear. For a simple yet stylish look, you can pair your trousers or jeans with a sweater or a coat. For a more laid-back appearance, you can pair them with a tunic or hoodie. Additionally, you can select trousers or jeans in various colors or designs to match your overall winter closet and body type.
Accessorize Your Capsule Wardrobe
Creating a capsule wardrobe essentially means curating a collection of timeless and versatile pieces that define your style and personality. However, since you will have limited pieces, sometimes you might need changes which will make you want to buy more clothes. Instead of doing so, we recommend you do that through different accessories! A simple outfit can be transformed into a whole new outfit with the addition of the right accessories. When accessorizing your capsule wardrobe, pick items that go with your personal taste and enhance the design of the clothes you've chosen. Depending on the whole collection of your capsule wardrobe, these accessories can be statement necklaces, a classic watch, a belt, or colorful scarves! Just refrain from cluttering and remember to keep your style minimal. With the right collection of accessories, your capsule wardrobe will express your individual sense of style in addition to being practical!